Dental implants must be cleaned and cared for in order to maintain their overall appearance. Failure to properly care for your dental implants can lead to peri-implantitis, which is an inflammatory condition affecting the soft and hard tissues around the implants. Peri-implantitis, if left untreated, can result in the loss of bone and the dental implant. Cleaning your dental implants on a regular basis, on the other hand, can help you avoid peri-implantitis and keep your smile bright, healthy, and appealing for the coming years. So, this is the right time to look for a top dental implant surgeon in India to ensure you get your charming smile back.
Complications of implants
Implants are usually associated with two major complications:
● Mucositis around the implant is referred to as peri-implant mucositis.
● Peri-implant mucositis with evidence of bone loss is referred to as peri-implantitis.
Peri-implant infection is reported in roughly 10-20% of persons who have had implant surgery, according to research. Implant implantation, restoration, and long-term maintenance are all straightforward ways to avoid infection.
Teeth cleaning after implants
Although calculus is only seen in a small percentage of instances, it is the most prevalent opponent of the implant, as it forms above the bone layer. After implants, cleaning is usually recommended, and our dentist advises his patients to practice proper oral hygiene. The area around the implant should be cleansed and polished on a regular basis. Although there are no contraindications to employing a metal instrument, vigorous scaling should be avoided.
Although some of the best dental implant surgeons in Delhi use plastic scalers, meticulous scaling with a sharp instrument produces better results. Implants will not be harmed if scaling is done correctly.
Flossing around the implants is a recommendation provided to patients, and they should have the dentist assess the occlusion if at all possible. Crossover interferences, working and balancing interferences, and reflecting contacts should all be eliminated as quickly as feasible.
Extra Tips for Prolonging the Life of Dental Implants
Although dental implants and overdentures are impervious to decay, your gums and supporting bone are susceptible to bacterial decay, inflammation, and infection if not properly cared for. Deep cleaning dental implants on a regular basis are also required to ensure that they last as long as possible.
Follow the given below guidance that can assist prolong the life of your dental implants:
● Visit your dentist on a regular basis for a thorough cleaning. Your dentist can certify that your implants and overdentures are operating properly and that you are maintaining good oral health with regular dental examinations and expert cleanings.
● Hot water should be avoided at all costs. Soaking your overdentures in hot or boiling water might cause them to distort.
● Chewing on hard objects should be avoided. Items like ice cubes, hard candies, and pencils might break your crowns or harm your dentures.
● Abrasive cleaning products should be avoided. Abrasive cleaning tools such as stiff or hard-bristled toothbrushes, baking soda, and harsh cleaners can irreversibly harm your dentures.
● One should avoid Bleach and chlorine-based cleaners. Bleach-based oral products can weaken and discolour dentures, whereas chlorine-based treatments can tarnish and corrode the metal portions of dentures and implants.
Being one of the top dental implant surgeons in India, Dr. Kathuria’s Dentistry offers a wide range of oral treatments, including Cosmetic dentistry, dental implants, and dentures, at affordable prices. Call us toll-free at 1800-11-7272 or fill out our contact form to learn more about our many services and treatment choices.