Congratulations on your new dental implants! These remarkable replacements not only restore your beautiful smile but also promise years of functionality and strength. To ensure that your investment remains as vibrant as the day you got it, here are some essential do’s and don’ts for taking care of your smile after dental implant treatment in India.
The Do’s for Dental Implant Care
- Brush with Care: Even if you get the best full dental implants in South Delhi, handling them with diligent care remains crucial to maintain their optimal condition. Treat your dental implants like precious gems by brushing them gently but ardently. Aim for at least two brushings a day, particularly after meals. Soft-bristle manual or electric toothbrushes are your best friends on this journey.
- Pick the Right Paste: Opt for a low-abrasive, tartar-control toothpaste. You don’t need anything fancy; just look for the IDA Seal of Approval printed on the packaging to make sure you’re making the right choice.
- Use Water Flosser for Better Cleaning: A Water flosser can be a game-changer when cleaning hard-to-reach spaces. If it’s not in your toolkit, don’t worry—simple floss moved in a gentle shoeshine motion can work wonders too.
- Embrace the Rinse: To keep inflammation at bay, consider a diluted alcohol-free antimicrobial mouth rinse with chlorhexidine gluconate. Your oral health will thank you.
- Sugar, the Sweet Enemy: Limit sugar intake to prevent plaque build-up that can jeopardise gum health. Your implants will appreciate the healthier diet too.
- Slice, Don’t Bite: While you can indulge in your favourite foods, take a moment to slice them into smaller pieces instead of ripping them apart with your teeth. This small step will go a long way in preserving the strength of your implants.
- Regular Check-ups: Remember to schedule your appointments with the dentist after dental implant treatment in India. Aim for at least two visits a year to keep your implants and oral health in top shape.
The Don’ts for Dental Implant Care
Avoid Abrasive Toothpaste: Steer clear of whitening or brightening toothpaste and those containing baking soda or activated charcoal. These abrasive agents can harm your new teeth.
Don’t use Implants as multi-tools: Refrain from using them to open packages, bottles, or cans. It’s best to stick to appropriate tools for these tasks.
- Skip the Straws: Give your implants some breathing room after surgery—avoid using straws and spitting forcefully. This precaution will aid the healing process.
- No Hard Food After Surgery: After the treatment, opt for a soft-food diet like creamy soups, milkshakes, yoghurt, and mashed potatoes. Avoid hard, crunchy, or spicy foods until you regain about 90% of your chewing power.
- Kick the Habit: Smoking and dental implants are not the best of friends. Change the habit for a healthier mouth and a brighter smile.
When to Seek Professional Help?
Keep an eye out for signs like persistent swelling, pain while chewing, loose implants, or difficulty removing food particles stuck between teeth. While implant complications are rare, these indicators should prompt you to reach out to your oral surgeon for guidance.
Get the best full dental implants in South Delhi at Dr Kathuria’s Dentistry!
If you wish to experience excellence in dental care, visit Dr. Kathuria’s Dentistry and take advantage of our top-tier facilities and professionalism. Book your appointment today for top-notch treatment and lasting results. Your perfect smile awaits!