Root Canal Treatment or endodontics is performed to treat a tooth with infected pulp. But what are the signs of an infected tooth pulp? How can one identify whether he/she is in need of root canal treatment or not?
Here are some of the common symptoms indicating that you should visit your endodontist for root canal treatment.
- Cracked or Chipped Tooth: There are several causes resulting in a cracked or chipped tooth. A few of them includes:
eating hard foods like candies, chips, etc
involvement in contact sports like football, hurling, etc
previously failed dental procedures
The reason cracked or chipped tooth should not be ignored is that it leaves the tooth nerves exposed. This may lead to severe infection and pain. If you have a cracked and painful tooth then make sure to visit your endodontist at the earliest for the root canal treatment.
- Dark Discoloration/Staining of the Tooth: Dark discoloration of tooth takes place due to the consumption of foods like coffee, wine, etc that may stain the enamel of the tooth. In addition to this, poor oral hygiene also contributes to the darkening of the tooth by spreading germs in the mouth. After some time, the nerves of the tooth are likely to get damaged or infected. The dark discoloration can be treated with the RCT.
- Decayed or Infected Tooth: There are three major causes leading to the decayed or infected tooth:
eating unhealthy food like candies, burger, etc
an unhealthy oral regime with lack of proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing
consumption of tobacco and alcohol
Most of the people are too embarrassed to visit the general dentist for a consultation. Ignoring the infected tooth for a long time can result in the loss of the tooth. Therefore, it is advisable to visit the nearest dental clinic for consultation. In case of any further treatment, your general dentist may refer you to the endodontist for painless RCT.
- Mild to Severe Toothache: Toothache is one of the most notable symptoms of the infected tooth pulp. For some time you may ignore other symptoms like tooth infection, discoloration, chipped tooth, etc. However, you can never ignore the toothache especially when its intensity increases from mild to severe. A severe toothache may further lead to fever, headache, and swelling in the face and neck. For a few hours, you may be able to subdue the pain with over-the-counter medicines but it is not a permanent solution and definitely not the safest one. The only way to get rid of the pain is to get the infected pulp removed. Therefore, it is advisable to get RCT from a professional.
- Root or Tooth Sensitivity: If you feel discomfort or pain in the tooth while consuming hot and cold foods, breathing cold air and brushing your teeth then you may have tooth sensitivity. Tooth sensitivity is the result of damaged enamel or receding gums.
- Swollen Gums: Gum swelling is indicating of damaged or infected tooth nerves. In addition to this, you may also have a foul taste in the mouth around the swollen gums. This is the result of inflamed tooth nerves and requires the immediate attention of the professional.
Root Canal Treatment in Delhi
If you have any of the above-mentioned symptoms then you must schedule an appointment with your endodontist. Visiting a professional at the renowned dental clinic like Dr. Kathuria’s Dentistry gives the assurance of painless RCT along with the best post-treatment patient care. At Dr. Kathuria’s Dentistry, we know that nothing is more precious than your bright smile and therefore we have the most experienced team at your service. With us, you can have the satisfaction of getting the best root canal treatment in Delhi at an affordable price.