When it comes to replacing damaged or missing teeth, you have various options but one option that stands at the top is dental implant surgery. Dental Implants offer several benefits and this surgical treatment is way better than other tooth replacement options. However, most people fear dental implants are a painful procedure and avoid getting teeth replacement with dental implants but with the top dental implant surgeon in India, it can become a painless experience. This blog is curated for all such people to help debunk all myths associated with dental implant treatment. In this blog we will discuss the procedure, cost of dental implants and precautions to take after the surgery.
What Exactly is Dental Implant Surgery?
It is a procedure in which tooth roots are replaced with metal – screw-like posts and damaged or missing teeth are replaced with artificial teeth that function just like real ones. This surgery offers a welcoming option for dentures or the bridgework that does not fit well and also offers an alternative when there is a lack of natural teeth roots that don’t allow for building dentures.
How is the surgery done?
Dental implants require more than just one surgical procedure, a thorough evaluation is carried out to prepare for the process. This includes:
– A comprehensive dental exam which includes X-ray and 3D imaging of the tooth so that models of your tooth/teeth and jaw can be created.
– Review the patient’s medical history so that the dentist is aware of any over-the-counter drugs the patient takes or if there is any health condition that can cause infection. Review is also done so that the dentist can offer antibiotics to prevent infection
– Once the dental examination and review are done, the treatment plan is decided. This takes various factors into consideration such as how many teeth need to be replaced, strength of the jawbone and the condition of the remaining teeth.
Note: To control pain, local or general anaesthesia can be given to the patient depending upon what’s best for the patient.
There are a few precautionary steps and oral health care steps which you need to undertake for the effective healing of the site of surgery.
– Medication: When you get dental implants, your dentist will provide you with a set of medication, antibiotics, and pain killers for healing and relieving the swelling and associated pain. This should be followed regularly or for the prescribed amount of time for appropriate recovery.
– Diet: On the day of surgery, it is recommended to take only soft foods and plenty of liquids. Until the implant is completely healed, hard food substances should be completely avoided.
– Bleeding and Swelling: A little swelling and bleeding are completely normal in the case of dental implants surgery. Swelling can be minimized by applying an ice pack when the swelling is at its peak.
– Dentist Visits: Make it a habit to be regular on your dentist visits. Keeping a track of your healing is extremely important after dental implant surgery.
Cost of Dental Implant Surgery
The cost of dental implant surgery falls between ₹ 35,000 to ₹ 50,000. This can vary depending upon the damage and the number of teeth to be replaced.
If you are looking for dental implants in South Delhi, Dr. Kathuria’s Dentistry is the perfect place for you. With advanced tools and seasoned professionals, you can get personalised care at Dr. Kathuria’s Dentistry.