- An image that speaks a thousand words. By offering
your patient the opportunity to see what you are seeing, he will immediately
understand the necessity of the treatment. There will no longer be any
need to convince him.
showing the area to be treated, you will be able to keep your patient
informed and involved in oral health matters. The patient is no longer
only “subjected” to treatment. He understands what you are
doing and why you are doing it.
- Through improved and more frequent communication, you
will form a confident and close relationship with your patients.
- A patient is always reluctant to pay for what he cannot
see. If he is not suffering, he will not feel the need for the treatment.
- Create a surprise effect: the intra-oral camera adds
an amusing and new aspect to the treatment session.
- Motivation for all types of treatment (prophylaxis,
- Development of patient loyalty: patients who are more
confident and motivated by the continuation of treatment will return
to the dentist more often.
- Valorization of the practice image.
- Studies done in the United States1 have shown that
income from cosmetic and prosthetic treatments increases by 35 to 40%
in practices which use an intra-oral camera.
By optimizing exposure times, we can reduce the radiation
to which patients are exposed by 95% compared with conventional film.